Monday, December 12, 2011

How do you apply for your first credit card?

Every time I try to apply for a credit card I always get denied because I don't have a credit history. Well, how I am supposed to have a credit history if I never had a credit card before? I already have a debit card that I use all the time and I always choose credit, but I guess it's not good enough. What do I have to do in order to get my first credit card guys? Thanks.|||First, you stop applying, immediately. You do have a history now: a history of excessive applying, which will keep you from getting a credit card for at least a year.





Second, after you stop applying, you get a "secured" credit card, which is the only type of credit card currently available as a first-time credit card.





Do not, under any circumstances, apply for any credit card that is not "secured" until you have gotten a good credit history by having a secured credit card and going more than a year without applying for any credit cards.





The way you get your first credit card is to get a secured credit card, without applying for any others.|||If you have a debit card already that means you have an account with a bank. Ask the bank where you keep your money for a credit card.





Also, many times the debit card is also a credit card. Check to see whether your current card also works as a credit card. You might be surprised. Use it as a credit card to start creating a credit record.





Good Luck|||Check to see if your current bank offers its own credit card plan. Odds are you'll have more luck getting a credit card at a place where you currently hold a checking %26amp; savings account because they can base their decision to grant you a credit line off of your banking history rather than your non-existent credit score.|||Why do you NEED a credit card? Use debit and pay for the things you buy.|||Be very thankful you cannot get one.

No comments:

Post a Comment