Thursday, December 15, 2011

How many credit hours should I take at a community college during the summer?

I am currently a Freshman at the University of Illinois at Chicago. I am majoring in Biochemistry and I want to take General college chemistry and Calculus II over the summer at a community college. Are these two classes too much for the summer? I will not have a job I will just be concentrating on my studies. At the university I go to I usually take between 16-17 credit hours a semester. These two classes will probably be 10 credit hours. Is 10 credit hours too much for the summer at a community college?|||Yes, it is. And being that you're considering taking them in the summer, back-to-back, for six weeks, is too much. Summer school is accelerated learning.





I suggest either taking one class over summer, and the other during the regular semester, or one during fall semester and the other during spring. A third option is taking both summer sessions and take one class during each, but that's a little rough as you want to have fun during summer right?

No comments:

Post a Comment