Monday, December 12, 2011

How to raise my credit score once my credit cards are paid off?

How can I continue to raise my credit score once both of my credit cards have been paid off?I don't plan on using either one of them unless its an emergency,but I don't know how to keep getting my score to go up after that.Is there a way to get negative reports taken off my credit report?|||Negative reports will only be taken off your report once enough time has passes. In the meantime you have to demonstrate that you can use credit responsibly, so not using your cards isn't going to help you. What you need to do is find some small to reasonable purchases you were going to make anyways (like groceries, or gas) and use your card and pay it off in full each month and on time. Don't spend more than 30% of your limit on any card and like I said - make sure you pay it off on time. If you pay the full amount each month you won't be charged any interest, so it's not going to cost you any money to do this.|||Instead of just saving those credit cards for an emergency, use the cards for regular purchases and pay the balance in fulll every month. This will give you good payment history and avoid interest. You have to actually use those cards to continue building your credit. Inactive cards do nothing to help.





Derogatory items age off your credit report 7-1/2 years from the date of first deficiency (default). This is per the FCRA and nothing restarts this clock. There is no way to get legitimate negative items removed from your credit.|||Negative things are removed automatically after a certain number of years if you do nothing. There is no way to get them removed sooner. Doing something will either have no effect or make them stay longer. The fastest way to get them removed is by doing nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment