Thursday, December 15, 2011

How many credit cards should a person have?

I know having too many is not good for a person's credit score and looks bad to those checking this credit. But not having any credit (such as cards) is not good either. So is it best to have more than one card?|||My parents told me when I was younger to have a limit of two credit cards. One Visa and one MasterCard. In case of an emergency, just about every place will take one or the other, often times both.|||I applied for a credit card from this site and got the credit card pretty quickly. I would like everybody to apply through the site: http://apply-credit-cards-now.info/

Report Abuse


|||One. You can better manage a credit score by keeping a thumb on unsecured credit. Too many cards get unmanageable very quickly.|||ONE with a very low limit. to build up your credit score. keep yourself out of trouble|||Yes.I dont think any problems there|||if u got good income dont need them i recomend at least 10 percent your yearly income|||It actually depends on what u can afford. I get the prepay credit card and let it build up. In a year some will let u barrow money from the company and may maybe $5 amonth interest. Havin to many can get u into trouble later on. I'd say no more than 2 or 3 just to be on the safe side. I myself perfer prepay 1 card. I get mine thru www.mymccard.com U can build ur credit up this way also.|||One with a limit set slightly above what you feel comforable paying each month to avoid the interest charges.|||You should get at least two Credit Cards. If you have one credit card is alright too as long as it has over 10,000 dollars.|||If you are trying to achieve the highest credit score possible, then ignore the previous answers. Go to http://www.myfico.com and read up.





This is the site of the folks who developed the FICO scoring system, so they should know, right?





They recommend having 3 credit cards, and 1 or two gas station/store cares.





Common sense says don't get cards with a high credit limit. Don't use more then 25% of your available credit limit, and pay off as much as you can each month. Never pay late!





What I recommend is you find a card with a very low interest rate, and use that to pay for everything you normally pay credit for, such as utility bills, groceries, gas, phone bills....then pay it off.





This works especially great if you have a card that has "cash back" features on it, or gives you credit points.|||one visa one mc. thats it. and only use one unless you have to use the other then pay that one before it registers interest.|||I have alot of them, I get them for the promotions they give, however, I do not carry balances on any of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment