Thursday, December 8, 2011

What will happen to my credit score if my wife gets into trouble with a credit account?

My wife has no income or credit history. She received a credit card application in the mail. The application does not require me to put in any of my personal information but it does ask to state household income.





If she gets into trouble with her card, will it affect my credit or will the damage be limited to her credit score?|||Well this will not directly affect your credit if you're name is not on the account, but if she falls behind on a credit card of her own, will that not impact the family's finances? If she has to eventually make good on bad debt she has built up wouldn't that eventually have to come out of your pocket which would help mess up your credit? I'm not sure what you're trying to ask or to do here. I will say this though. If you're contemplating getting a credit card with just her name on it and letting it go down the tubes in the hope of not having to pay it back because your name is not on it, your scheme reeks of fraud and could lead not only to having to pay it back but to jail time.|||No it will not as long as you do not sign the credit agreement.|||well hear is how it works if you not on the accont it won't affect your credit untill they find out you are married then it will if they know it will afect you both the same

No comments:

Post a Comment